Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March 12, 2013

First some updates, my husband's mom passed away on Thursday, and I haven't had the time or energy to do much here.  My Mom was pretty good up until the day of my Mother in law's funeral.  She and my Dad were going to go to the funeral, and she refused to get ready.  She said that "those people" had promised they would do this or that, and she was going to hold them to those promises.   Dad had pretty much given up on going, when all of a sudden, she said, "Joe, let's go!  We're going to be late!" and she let Dad help her get ready and they came in time for the family thing they had afterwards.   They didn't stay long, but they did get to meet some friends and family that they hadn't gotten to meet yet.

Today, Mom was having a major blowup.  She said that "George" had told her that Keith had signed a paper stating that he would buy "George" a house.  And that Daddy and my Uncle had went behind her back and borrowed $3000 - 3800 for it, and they couldn't afford the payment, etc.  She was VERY agitated  and nothing Dad could do would calm her down.  She finally started calming down after a couple hours.  I hope he was able to get her to take her meds.  I really don't see how Dad can put up with this.  I also don't think she recognized who I was when I talked to her on the phone.  Another step away...

I'm afraid that with her heart, she's going to work herself into a frenzy one of these days and she's going to give herself a heart attack.   These episodes are beginning to really get to my Dad.  He's even beginning to admit that she's starting to get more than he can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment